Friday, September 10, 2010

Pulling Together | Pulling Together

Pulling Together | Pulling Together

I shared this on Face Book and realized just today I wanted to share it with those of you who read my blog. This little video says so much, and much more eloquently than I ever could, about how I feel toward all of you who have lifted me up over the past months. This has been a journey I am thankful that I did not have to go alone!

Today is my and Cary's 38th Anniversary. We met through my parents and I have to confess, Lindy fell in love with Cary before I did. In fact, she proposed to him, asking him to marry her Mama. That speaks volumns about the wisdom of children and the character of my husband! I'm so thankful he came along when he did and now 5 children, 3 sons-in-law, 8 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild later, I can truthfully say I am happier now than ever!

Our ceremony was very simple. We planned ahead of time to stand up after regular church service on Sunday morning and exchange our vows. Lindy and Bobbie stood up with us. We didn't want to make much of a fuss and with the exception of not getting any decent pictures, I have no regrets. The only photo I have is quite small and faded. Oh, well, I have boxes of pictures taken since then which my children are going to hate us for if we don't get them culled and organized!

I hope you enjoy the video "Pulling Together/Pulling Together". Simple Truths has a large selection of wonderful videos at www.simpletruths.com.

Namaste,
Linda Gail

2 comments:

  1. You two are are like peas and carrots. You truly compliment each other. You know I love a perfect match and a good love story! Congrats!!
    xox,
    Flaurella ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of the proposal and the wedding! Just simply sweet beyond words. I'm so late, but I do hope you had a wonderful time celebrating 38 years of what is obviously a wonderful marriage.

    ReplyDelete