Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Biddies!




I tried several times to get a good photo of the little ones, but this was the best I could do. Mama Hen is very protective and tried on a couple of occasions to flog me when I was inside the enclosure with her and the chicks. Three out of four eggs isn't bad. Mama Hen was faithful and sat on those eggs through last night when the third one hatched. The fourth didn't make it and number three seems weaker than the first two. He's slower, and often stops to close his eyes, isn't quick enough not to be stepped on by his mama. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it either.

Well, now that food is tasting normal again, it's almost time for another infusion. But...It is infusion #6, the very last one, so I can endure another few weeks of food not tasting good just knowing that I will done with the chemo.

Cary has finally finished the chicken pen complete with wire overhead to keep them from flying out and predators from coming in. I was beginning to think I was going to have to call in reinforcements to get the job done. It was a difficult project because of two different roof lines plus a little alleyway between the two buildings.

Tomorrow Shirley and I will be going to Sparr Elementary to their Earth Day celebration. Shirley will be demonstrating solar cooking, solar driven music box and sun tea. I am taking a sample of the quilt blocks 4th grade made last year using transparent paint to create designs using leaves, flower, etc. The little 2 1/2" squares are painted with the paint first, then the design material is placed on top, and placed in the sun. Once the material is dry and the design material removed, it leaves the design on the fabric. Each student completed a cathedral window square, which was a lot of work! I am taking supplies and will demonstrate on several squares so the learners can get a first hand view of how it's done.



This is Ana's square.

My sister, Yvonne, is having difficulties with her radiation which is stoking my own apprehension about my own radiation treatments. Please pray for her that the rest of her treatments will be easier. Her last treatment is supposed to be on Monday. And,dear friends, pray for me that I will overcome my fears and hopefully, not have difficulties. Others have told me the radiation is a piece of cake.

Did I say I like cake?

That's about all the news around the ole homestead.

Love to all,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment