Thursday, March 4, 2010

Going South

Thought I might make everyone envious. Cary and I are headed to Ft. Myers tomorrow. I'm hoping for some warmer weather and maybe even a trip to the beach. We have very good friends living there, Jim and Janet Elliott. I met Janet in 1977 when Ben was only 6 months old. She and I met, I believe, at the Methodist Church. Or it could have been through the preschool program that Marion Keep ran on top of the hill where Hunter's Antiques is now. Her daughter, Laura, and our Katie were both attending there.

Through the years we have visited them many times and have traveled with them several times. Of fondest memory is a trip we made with our campers up to Canada. We stopped by places of interest along the way. Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, was my favorite. Janet was always organized, a great camper and planner, and never failed to have lunch ready at some scenic roadside picnic area! Truly a jewel of a person to camp with!

My physical therapy is going very well. In fact, my physical therapist may dismiss me until my radiation begins. This is more a consideration of what my insurance will pay for but also my range of motion is about maximum at this point. I find yoga a much more relaxing and satisfying way to stretch than the required exercises from PT. Many of the yoga asanas accomplish the same stretches. I may try to work out a little yoga routine to do at home and leave off some of the PT exercises.

Today is such a beautiful, sunny day. I haven't been out to see how cold it is, but perhaps I'll take Mickey for a short walk.

Namaste,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment