Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1st Chemo treatment, coming up!

I have discovered I will have to be proactive in keeping track of my schedule. I called today to report I hadn't received a call from scheduling only to discover my chemo had been scheduled. The scheduling secretary hadn't had time to call me! I'm sure after the first treatment, a schedule will be set and these kinds of problems won't exist.

My first treatment is Friday morning, this week, at 8:30 a.m. I start taking a med tomorrow to help prevent allergic reactions. Reportedly they may keep me awake, so I am getting another med to help me sleep if that becomes a problem.

The last report I had from pathology is I had one positive lymph node from the breast area and one from the axillary area where 11 other lymph nodes were removed (a total of 12 lymph nodes were removed). Every doctor has given me a different count, but I think this one is the correct one. Reportedly, the doctor who prepared the report did not do a summary which has caused the confusion.

Love to all,
Linda Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment