Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Beach

Dear Friends, Cary and I have just returned from two days and nights at St. Augustine Beach. Good friends invited us to spend time with them at their place. Cary fished both days and today caught a flounder and a sheep head. We cooked them for lunch. We walked on the beach both days. It was a little chilly but the beauty of the sea and sky far out weighed the weather.

The incision for the port is healing very well and is beginning to itch a little. I had noticed my head had been itching more than usual lately. This morning when I was toweling my hair dry, lots of it began falling out on the floor! So the process has begun. I expect it will become thinner and thinner until it is gone.

I see my chemo oncologist, Dr. Staal, tomorrow. He'll read the numbers on my blood count and make any adjustments he thinks necessary. My next infusion is on Friday. I really must drink more water in preparation. I am supposed to drink a gallon of water a day. In this cooler weather, that's difficult.

Our yoga group lost a sweet friend yesterday, Margaret Freyer. I have Margaret to thank for an invitation to me to go to yoga the first time. Her husband, Charlie, worked with me at the school and she sent word by him for me and Shirley to go. The rest, as they say, is history. She was a sweet, English lady. Very caring and thoughtful. She had suffered for the last couple of years with heart trouble and didn't get out any more. I wish I had been a better friend to Margaret.

I am so humbled and blessed by friends who do special things for me. I have two friends who keep humorous e-mails coming, friends who send cards, face book friends who leave messages, many many people praying for me, a friend who washed my hair for me because I can't shower until the port incision is healed, friends who call and the list goes on. I am so blessed! Thank you all, dear friends.

Love,
Linda Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment