Thursday, January 21, 2010

Port

Tomorrow I will have a little device called a "port" put in under the flesh over my right breast. This port will facilitate a safer, easier injection of all the intravenous medication I will have during the coming year. The procedure takes less than 30 minutes and I should only be away from home 2 to 4 hours. I'll take a little nap and when I wake up I'll have a new gadget installed!

My physical therapy is going very well. My therapist is working on stretching the scar tissue. She is very good and a very pleasant person to be with. I have exercises I do at home which I am trying to be very faithful in performing. I do need to order a compression sleeve so when I am doing something strenuous, I can wear it and by doing so, reduce my chances of edema in my arm. Evidently it is one of those things that is easier to avoid than it is to get rid of once it occurs.

My friend, Carla, also comes by a couple of times each week to help with my lymphatic system and she does a little thing she calls zero balancing. It is very relaxing.

Love to all,
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom, I hope all goes well tomorrow with the port installation. I'm so glad your yoga and PT are helping. Trust me to take care of the incubating eggs. Must go to bed now... I'm so tired! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete