Saturday, December 12, 2009

Home Again

December 12, 2009

Well, they won't even let you lay up in the hospital and receive visitors like royalty anymore. I spent the night of my surgery in the hospital and was released to come home by noon yesterday!

I am doing very well. I walked around the hospital some the night of my surgery and have kept moving ever since. When I got home yesterday, however, I crawled in my bed and snoozed all afternoon. One thing, it was MY bed, and the weather was overcast making it a perfect day to sleep. Also, I didn't sleep well in the hospital. The anesthesia made me so sick, I kept waking up.

I am sore, but have not been in real pain. I took a tylenol last night and slept all night except to get up once. My two local daughters, Lindy and Katie, are taking turns emptying the drainage ports. We have to measure the fluid and when it has subsided to a certain amount in a 24 hour period, I will return to the doctor to have them removed.

We won't know what my treatment plan is until all the pathology reports come back and the team handling my case get together to decide what they recommend. I expect chemotherapy since the cancer had made it to my lymph nodes. Other than that, I don't know what else they will recommend.

Your prayers have held me up, dear ones. I have felt elevated beyond the reach of worry and fear. "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous person availeth much." That's in James somewhere, I think. I had the confidence I could come through the surgery well, and I did. Now I need confidence for whatever is ahead of us. This is the harder part of cure and recovery - the treatment plan. So please pray that I will be strong enough to face this, too, with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment