Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Last Fling before Surgery



Thanks to Laurel and Frank for hosting our book club Christmas Party. We had a great time together. I enjoyed dressing tonight - I guess we take dressing for granted. But it gave me cause to savor the experience, knowing my body won't ever be the same. If you think about it, our bodies change all the time. I certainly don't have my 16 year old body anymore, nor my 8 year old body, etc. I guess it's just the thought of losing a part of my body that evokes these feelings of how great it is to dress up for a party and feel good.

Hope no one feels I'm being morose. Just thinking out loud. Don't take anything for granted. Enjoy what you have while you have it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad we could get together last night and surround you and Cary with friends and good cheer. You are my hero, so strong and positive and brave.
    Love and pink light,
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete