Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A special discovery.


To those of you whom I have not lamented to, I discovered a couple of weeks ago I couldn't find a favorite dress of mine. It's a Jessica Howard, very warm, which I have had for several years. I only wear it once or twice each winter, if I'm lucky, because it is so warm. I wanted to wear it to a special church dinner the first of December. I looked high, I looked low, but couldn't find it. I finally decided I had taken it to the dry cleaners and forgotten to go get it. I was sick about it. In fact, I remember thinking how inappropriate my grief over the loss of the dress was, considering I had weightier matters on my mind.

Anyway, today I was rummaging through my chest of drawers, and there in the bottom was my dress! It's hard to express the elation I felt. It was a gift, truly a gift, to find that dress! The kind of gift that reaffirms that the spirits are out there, working on my behalf, even for something as materialistic as a dress. Actually, it isn't materialistic. That dress made me feel good when I wore it and it was that loss I felt.

Okay, I'm enclosing a photo of the dress. I must admit it doesn't look like much on a hanger.(May I say, it looks a lot better on me?) I can't find a photo of me wearing it, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Like so many things we take for granted, we don't truly appreciate it until it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment